[tor-talk] is it compulsory to enable bridges or apps VPN mode on orbot

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Tue Nov 15 19:02:51 UTC 2016

Thanks for the community support help, Jonathan!

I will just add that you should really install Orfox browser to get the
Tor-only, most private web access setup.

Otherwise, VPN mode is great for other apps that don't know about Tor.

Finally, make sure you upgrade to the final Orbot v15.2.1 RC 8 release:
APK: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v15.2.0-RC-8-multi.apk
SIG:
https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v15.2.0-RC-8-multi.apk.asc

(or available on Google Play)