[tor-talk] Please suggest domain registrats that are Tor (and bitcoin) friendly.

CitizenZ citizenz at riseup.net
Fri May 27 14:59:37 UTC 2016

Blobby,
I have used Namecheap and paid with bitcoin in the past with no trouble.
But It's been nearly a year. It's possible that the problem is not
specifically Namecheap but the bitcoin payment processor that they use
(e.g Bitpay). Especially if the processor uses Cloudflare. Some of these
processors block payment requests over Tor. For example some will block
the ability to scan a QR code with the payment details but will accept
the bitcoin fine if you enter in the address and amount manually.

I recommend Gandi, I have since moved all of my domains to Gandi and
never looked back. They also accept bitcoin and I haven't had any
trouble making payments over tor, since they are their own payment
processor.

Good luck.