[tor-talk] FBI harassing Tor devs

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 14:34:52 UTC 2016

Small digression...

Is there a link to the source code for _Tor_ on http://www.torproject.org/ home
page?
Also-- it'd be nice if there were a clear link to a git repo that just includes all
official Tor projects as submodules.
-Jonathan

 On Friday, May 6, 2016 8:01 AM, isis <isis at torproject.org> wrote:

 Christian Pietsch transcribed 2.3K bytes:
> On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 01:48:23AM -0500, CANNON NATHANIEL CIOTA wrote:
> > Anyone know what FBI is trying to do? Rumor that FBI is harassing Tor
> > developers
> > https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160505/00383034349/fbi-harassing-core-tor-developer-demanding-she-meet-with-them-refusing-to-explain-why.shtml?
> >
> > Also... warrant canary is currenlty offline
> > https://fyb.patternsinthevoid.net/canary.html
>
> I can confirm that her warrant canary was online yesterday but is
> unreachable now. As is her blog there. Isis, are you okay?
>
> Greetings from Germany
> Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the concern!  I'm fine.  My server has been under heavy DDoS since
my last blog post, so it has been intermittently unavailable.  It should be
back again now.

However, (as the warrant canary text states) "The OpenPGP signature on this
warrant canary has a pre-determined expiration date that coincides with the
date on which this canary will die."  The website itself being up or down has
nothing to do with the validity of the canary; the signature is the only part
which matters.  Additionally, the sources used to generate my blog are
available in a git repository:

https://code.ciph.re/isis/patternsinthevoid
https://github.com/isislovecruft/patternsinthevoid

In particular, you can find the canary here:

https://code.ciph.re/isis/patternsinthevoid/src/master/pages/canary.asc
https://github.com/isislovecruft/patternsinthevoid/blob/master/pages/canary.asc

Best,
--