[tor-talk] Reminder: we have nightly builds!

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Thu May 5 13:24:28 UTC 2016

Hi, friends!

Here's a reminder about one way you can help make sure that our
releases are good and work well.

If you like running software that might break all the time, and
reporting bugs in it, you should check out our nightly builds!  They
live at

       https://people.torproject.org/~linus/builds/

They are automatically built every night from the latest TorBrowser
source code.  By testing these, you can help us find bugs _before_ we
ship our code to the userbase at large.

Warnings:
   * Did I mention there might be bugs?
   * These nightly builds do not have an automated update channel.
Automated updates won't work, even though you'll get regular warnings
that there is a newer TorBrowser.
   * If you're not sure how to install these or how to check the
signatures, you should probably avoid the nightly builds. :)

best wishes and many thanks,
--
Nick