[tor-talk] MITM attack: How to see Tor Messenger's exit node?

Karsten N. karsten.n at mailbox.org
Wed May 4 11:55:41 UTC 2016

Nurmi, Juha wrote:
> Yesterday, when I was using Tor Messenger, I detected that Off-the-
> Record Messaging fingerprints are not matching!

Are you sure it was a man-in-the-middle?

May be, the other communication partner uses another device?

Man-in-the-middle for OTR on exit nodes needs a man-in-the-middle for
transport encryption (TLS) first. In this case, the pasword for your
Jabber account is compromised, you have to change it.

Best regards
Karsten N.