[tor-talk] MITM attack: How to see Tor Messenger's exit node?

Nurmi, Juha juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi
Wed May 4 04:43:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

Yesterday, when I was using Tor Messenger, I detected that Off-the-Record
Messaging fingerprints are not matching!

There seems to be a man-in-the-middle attack. The attacker probably is an
exit node.

I was comparing public key fingerprints through a secure outside channel.

Is there a way to see the exit node that Tor messenger is currently using?
I need this info to test the exit node and report it to Tor Project if it
seems to perform this man-in-the-middle attack.

And caution: please all sweet people using Tor Messenger: it's important
that both parties verify each other and use a secure channel to compare
fingerprints.

Best,
Juha