[tor-talk] CloudFlare blog post

Martijn Grooten martijn at lapsedordinary.net
Wed Mar 30 13:21:05 UTC 2016

CloudFlare CEO Matthew Prince just posted this blog post

  https://blog.cloudflare.com/the-trouble-with-tor/

which I think is worth a read for people on this list.

TL;DR: CloudFlare is serving CAPTHAs to Tor users not by design but as a
consequence of the way their IP reputation system works. CloudFlare is
willing to help, for example by having the CAPTCHA moved to the client
side and by making it easier for their customers to register .onion
addresses.

NB I'm not affiliated with CloudFlare in any way. I too have been
frustrated by their CAPTCHAs.

Martijn.