[tor-talk] No SMS auth on Facebook following Tor login

lee colleton lee at colleton.net
Thu Mar 24 12:24:30 UTC 2016

I logged in to my Facebook account via Tor and it was immediately locked
due to "suspicious activity". After unlocking the account by clicking on
pictures of my Friends I removed my phone number from my account and
attempted to re-verify the number via SMS. This failed with "Sorry, there
was a temporary error sending your confirmation text. Please try again in a
little while or right now."

Repeated attempts have not worked and my support request to Facebook was
closed without any useful information. I noticed an undocumented error code
in the URL: 1549011

Has anyone seen this issue before? (It's not a bug with Tor, obviously)

--Lee

https://twitter.com/sleepylemur/status/700398420096188421
https://twitter.com/hashtag/error_code_1549011