[tor-talk] Orbot

libertyinperil at riseup.net libertyinperil at riseup.net
Tue Mar 22 18:16:09 UTC 2016

Nathan,

Thanks for the information.  Didn't mean to offend only reported the
fact there were problems with support.  Will take some time for me to
study the information you provided since I am not a tech or software
engineer.  Have absolutely no familiarity with droids only Windows.
Have used Tor for years on Windows.  Have had this tablet for about a
month and have had numerous problems regarding download of Tor to the
droid.  Bought the machine because it has a keyboard, is tiny and
lightweight, and has an advertising battery run time of some six hours.
As an investigative publication, security is exceptionally important to
me.  That's why I've been so careful about using the droid before I
fully understand the operating system.  I did not mean to imply I used
the generic browser to surf.  It was only used to initially download
Orbot.  What I still was not sure of was whether the news sites
subsequently downloaded were via Orbot or the generic browser due to the
seemingly contradictory statements on the Tor page that you have cleared
up for me.  Thanks for your time and trouble.  Deeply grateful.  Will
take a little time for me to digest the material you covered.  Will not
download anything from Google since they track.  Have tried to download
F-Droid and use it, but have had problems with the repositories and how
they are to be used.  Also, I have not been able to find any version of
the Windows-based Filezilla that I can use on a droid to upload my
publication.  Even if all I'm able to do with the droid is download
non-log-in news research, it will be of benefit.  Again, thanks.
Libertyinperil