[tor-talk] Why my tor-assigned IP address differs from that of exit node ?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Mar 19 22:25:26 UTC 2016

On 3/19/2016 4:48 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On 3/19/16, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk at gmx.com> wrote:
>> In TBB 5.5.4, why does part of the URL that's copied / pasted, look so
>> pale gray after loading, it's almost unreadable?
> Go to about:config search url / urlbar.
Thank you.
The preference, "browser.urlbar.formatting.enabled; True" seems to allow
part of the url to be pale gray.

That doesn't answer my question - if changing that to False - making all
URL text always uniformly dark is a good idea?
Whether that or most UI change could be detected by pages & used for
fingerprinting?

If we're not supposed to change main browser font style, or even the
minimum font size allowed (if those are still true), then I'd guess
sites could detect almost any UI variance from default?