[tor-talk] Why my tor-assigned IP address differs from that of exit node ?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Mar 19 21:14:15 UTC 2016

On 3/16/2016 11:13 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> It's nothing to worry about, and also not a bug.
>
> You might enjoy this stackexchange article which explains the topic:
>
> http://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/190/why-does-check-torproject-org-sometimes-tell-me-im-not-using-tor-when-i-am

In TBB 5.5.4, why does part of the URL that's copied / pasted, look so
pale gray after loading, it's almost unreadable?
Actually, I just noticed it's in Firefox, also.  Never noticed it. If
it's been like this, surely I'd notice part of the address was so light
to barely be readable on the standard TBB URL background color?

When 1st paste -or type - an address in URL bar - before hit enter, the
whole string is consistently dark & readable.

* Once (any) page loads, then only the base 2nd level domain is "normal"
dark text & all else turns very light gray.
So, after loading, only 'stackexchange.com' part is readable unless I
squint.
For https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/, only 'mozilla.org' is dark
after page loads.

If click outside the bar, then click back on it - once (selects entire
address - hilights blue), then click the bar again (deselects address -
removes blue hilight), then entire address becomes dark again.
But once I click outside the bar again, only 2nd level domain is dark.

I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea in TBB to change the CSS style so
the entire URL string is always the same darkness.  If sites can detect
style changes in text boxes?
I was once told not to change the default TBB browser font style or
size, and don't change "minimum font size" from the default "none," as
sites could detect these changes (even though these default settings
aren't very readable for many users).

But don't want to click the URL  (turning address text dark again) every
time I want to read the full address.