[tor-talk] Extend auto-IP-switching-time in TorBrowser (and depending from time of inactivity)

Kristoffer Rath Hansen kristoffer at rathhansen.com
Sat Mar 19 04:43:02 UTC 2016

Why? Tor automatically chooses a pool of entry guards for 4 or 8 weeks, and
every 10 minutes a new path is made through the network as far as I know.

And doing it in this way is one of the reasons it is more safe to use tor.
Because even if someone have set up an exit node and that exit node watches
the traffic, he can't really use it for anything because he only gets some
of the packets from that browsing session meaning that he might see
something, but at most 10 minutes worth of activity.