[tor-talk] Use another "torrc" with Tor-Browser in Windows?

Ben Stover bxstover at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 09:13:15 UTC 2016

In the (new) Tor-Browser package I have simply to doubleclick on TorBrowser (=firefox) to start the whole Tor architecture
with the default torrc file in

TorBrowser\Data\Tor

I like it.

However sometimes I want to use a different setup with a different torrc with other exitnodes and configuration.

At the time when users had to start Tor separately I could pass a second torrc by a command line parameter -f like

tor.exe -f E:\browser\Tor\myconfig\torrc123

Since users call/start Tor not directly any more the parameter passing is not possible.

Fiddeling around and editing torrc each switch time is not comfortable.

So is there another way of easily temporarily use a different "torrc" file when starting TorBrowser?

I can imagine that I can pass a torrc through TorBrowser/Firefox anyway like

firefox.exe -pass2tor_own_config E:\browser\Tor\myconfig\torrc123

Thank you
Ben