[tor-talk] cloudflare blocks connection

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Mar 8 07:01:17 UTC 2016

On 03/07/2016 07:26 PM, Fkqqrr wrote:
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> writes:

>>> Cloudflare uses visual captcha. What's is worse, even I correctly verify
>>> the visual captcha, cloudflare block my access.
>>>
>>> So I cannot bypass it currently.
>>
>> OpenVPN Onion VPS for Evading Discrimination Against Tor
>> https://dbshmc5frbchaum2.onion/OpenVPN-Onion-VPS.html
> Link down? cannot connect.

Oops :( Stupid me. I copied some text from a Wilders post, where I'd
pointed to a tor2web link.

It's http://dbshmc5frbchaum2.onion/OpenVPN-Onion-VPS.html

>> Basically, it's a VPN service that's reachable _only_ as an onion
>> service. So no exit nodes get wasted. But there's no crowding unless you
>> share the .onion with others. And once jerks are using it, it will get
>> blacklisted, and the VPS may be taken down. So it goes.
>>
>> I must emphasize that this is _only_ safe if you lease the VPS as
>> anonymously as you need to be for the sites that you'll be browsing. You
>> do everything through Tor. You provide fake contact information, use a
>> fresh email address, and pay with well-mixed Bitcoin. Mix at least
>> twice, among independent wallets in different Whonix instances, using
>> different mixing services. And check for taint at each stage.

>> I've generally found the Javascript CAPTCHAs to be easier. For a while,
>> they were just house numbers. Now it's image classification. And their
>> criteria are ambiguous. Is the pole supporting a sign part of the sign?

>> No audio here ;) Too dangerous.
> Why audio dangerous?

I was joking, at least a little. Listening is OK, as long as nobody's
eavesdropping. But speaking, that is not OK. Impossible to anonymize,
except by converting to text and then speech synthesis. Then why bother?
It's faster to just type.