[tor-talk] Does sending webmail using Tor increase the liklihood of it being regarded as spam?

blobby at openmailbox.org blobby at openmailbox.org
Mon Mar 7 19:10:41 UTC 2016

I am wondering if using an exit node IP increases the possibility that
sending email from a webmail provider is more likely to end up in the
recipient's spam folder. For example, sending email from
hello at vfemail.net to goodbye at hotmail.com

I think not because, from the email headers I have seen, the exit node
IP is never included in the message headers at the destination.

The IP of the sender is that of the webmail provider not the exit node.
So it should not matter because, even if the exit node IP is "bad", it
is never seen by the recipient.

Thoughts?