[tor-talk] cloudflare blocks connection

fkqqrr at autistici.org fkqqrr at autistici.org
Mon Mar 7 10:37:19 UTC 2016

I am using Tor + firefox to acess destination site.

For Tor part, I added a `Socks5Proxy'. If I am right, the actual
connection circuit is: `firefox - tor - socks5 proxy - entry node
- intermediate nodes - exit node - target site'.

What's more, my computer use TorDNS to resolve all hostnames
resolving.

When visit some target sites, cloudflare asked to fill in CAPTCHA
verification in the very first days. After that, cloudflare
totally blocks my connection even I correctly pass the CAPTCHA. It
just reminds:

  Sorry, you have been blocked
  You are unable to access target-site

In the bottom, `Cloudflare Ray ID and Tor IP is displayed. I just
surf the target site and do nothing else.

AFAIK, Tor choose a new circuit every around 10 minutes. That
means my computer choose different exit nodes on each
connection. I think neither cloudflare nor target site can
identify my computer (i.e. fingerprint).

To cloudflare and/or target site, my computer is the same as other
Tor computers. The only common is we might share the same set of
exit nodes occasionally.

How cloudflare block my connection?

Does it identity my computer fingerprint to block?

Does it just block Tor's exit nodes? (that would mean others using
Tor cannot connect to target site either)

--
Hello, world