[tor-talk] Multiple CPU cores?

Watson Ladd watsonbladd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:18:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Kristoffer Rath Hansen
<kristoffer at rathhansen.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've over some time ran some different tor relays - and I really like the
> Tor project. It really makes sense to me.
>
> Here is the problem I've ran into. On my exit node, speedybacon2500, I have
> 2.5 Gbit/s interface and 8 CPU cores. Tor uses ~60 mbps and 1 CPU core. I
> do also have a few other things running on the server, but I'd really like
> to be able to take advantage of more CPU cores and more bandwidth.

So would everyone else. Sadly Tor is not fully multithreaded yet:
there are longstanding plans but the work goes slowly.  There is an
apparently abandoned project https://github.com/tvdw/gotor which was
capable of solving some of the problems when it did run, but
apparently there were issues.

> --

"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains".
--Rousseau.