[tor-talk] Reminder to stay on-topic

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Jun 23 16:03:45 UTC 2016

Not taking sides - at all, but when a (some?) female Tor Project
employees were being harassed, there was massive, ongoing outpouring of
support & long, repetitious posts.
Which is fine, but it definitely wasn't on topic.
I agree w/ you in general about staying on topic, but when has that ever
been enforced on Tor-talk?

Politicians' often give  "extreme importance" to some issues & are
totally silent on others that a large % of constituents consider
important - perhaps based on how they perceive it will help / hurt their
approval rating.
Similar situation here.
Rules or policies should be enforced equally in an unbiased way. Even
moderated forums allow certain "unpermitted" discussions while deleting
/ closing others immediately.