[tor-talk] Question for those who say "Tor is pwned"

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:28:12 UTC 2016

Le 21/06/2016 à 06:19, Paul Syverson a écrit :
> We published a design in 2010 that essentially turns a
> solution against a passive adversary into a solution against an active
> adversary. It had some nice theoretical properties, but I don't think
> it was practical. These haven't been ruled out. There is ongoing
> research, but so far none of it has looked adequately useful in practice.

Probably you are referring to the paper mentioned in
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2016-June/041192.html
which indeed as I commented does not look realistic to implement, then I
suppose that the answer to my question is no

> I think there are some things we maybe could do with mixing and
> synchronization to raise the bar at least a little against a _passive_
> adversary. I have told many researchers my thoughts about this, but so
> far nobody has taken it up that I know of. I would like to look into
> it myself, but I already have a many-years backlog of more important
> (more likely to make a real difference IMO) research questions to
> answer.

Would be interested to know what are those thoughts (on or off the list)
and/or get possible links to them

--
Get the torrent dynamic blocklist: http://peersm.com/getblocklist
Check the 10 M passwords list: http://peersm.com/findmyass