[tor-talk] Which reputable webmail providers function well with Tor?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sun Jun 19 04:53:56 UTC 2016

On 5/25/2016 2:55 PM, blobby at openmailbox.org wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a reputable webmail provider that is not totally
> anti-Tor.
>
> Cock.li and Sigaint and Unseen.is and Mail2Tor are out as the names look
> weird to "normal" people.
Unseen.is - is "weird" to people?  What's so weird?  I've used it almost
since they moved to Iceland (though mostly not a Tor acct).
Never had a soul comment on the domain in the least.  Not sure about
Sigiant - how do they pronounce it?  Is it See-zjant or see-gant or
see-ji'-unt?
> ProtonMail demands SMS validation.
They do?  If they demand SMS, how does it remain anonymous, unless you
buy a burner phone (don't even know how those work, anymore)?
"they will accept bitcoin or even cash payments to allow users to remain
anonymous."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/hollieslade/2014/05/19/the-only-email-system-the-nsa-cant-access/#3b6834d355ed
> RiseUp requires an invitation.

Used to, you could submit request to riseup - stating why you wanted to
use it.  It's been suggested, don't get to get too radical / political
in your statements, but I don't know.

The website www.thesimplecomputer.info ran a long list of "alternative"
email providers, but I don't see it on the site.
I did an update on that list, which I posted here, then "Simple
Computer" did some more updating after we spoke.