[tor-talk] Can we have less of Jacob Appelbaum here, please?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jun 11 01:45:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 03:23:16PM +0000, df. wrote:
> Agreed Mirimir, it is VERY difficult to avoid or ignore talking about
> someone who at the time of there collaboration with the tor project was
> allegedly involved in some type of "sexual misconduct".
>
> Just for the record:
> Actually I asked 5 days ago, on this list, I asked with all due respect
> if we could "just move on to other topics" the reason was because I
> thought all the comments that were being made were out of line and not
> very constructive. Why did no one follow suite then?

A silver lining:
- the instigation/ relentless rumour mongering is on the record

- some who lynch mob showed that part of themselves

- some with some strength in the face of such 'intense' conversation
  showed themselves

- some with such impatience that "delete thread" and "well, may be don't
  read the emails in that thread" is too much effort, showed themselves

- for some (such as myself) some insight arose from those who shared their
  clarity on appropriate pathways of action in such situation

I dare say more than one individual has had the opportunity to do a little
mirror gazing, looking inside themselves so to speak.

Thank you again to all those who persist in bringing their best intentions
to this community, notwithstanding even ones own failings. We are human,
we fail, we make mistakes. Surely we would like others to have towards
ourselves, some due process, care, love, understanding, empathy and
opportunity to rise to the challenge of communication, reparation and
healing, in the face of our own failures.

I hold we can demonstrate love toward one another.