[tor-talk] Bittorrent starting to move entirely within anonymous overlay nets

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:57:03 UTC 2016

On 6/9/16, Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> wrote:
> Code, or it didn't happen. We have ideas up the wazoo. What we lack are
> practical, usable implementations. I would really love to see this, but
> there are any number of people who have already figured this out on their
> own and don't need some non-programmer (I'm assuming, since this appears to
> be just an idea and not even a design doc being put out for review) telling
> them what they need to do.

Popcorn time aside, yes people have figured out that they can
today practicably usably entirely BT within Tor with onioncat and
BT client of choice. Similarly though a bit harder within I2P etc.
If you don't understand that onion = IPv6 there, then people
need to follow and read the prior onioncat link. In that case
it's not necessary to hack apps (PT) to understand onion
and special proxy method into tor or whatever overlay net.