[tor-talk] RIP Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:30:21 UTC 2016

On 6/8/16, carlo von lynX <lynX at time.to.get.psyced.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 02:12:43PM -0400, Not Friendly wrote:
>> I do not understand why those people think that Tor is a honeypot by
>> the federal government. It is OPEN SOURCE. If you are by any means
>> worried look at the source code and compile it manually. There is no
>> hiding a backdoor. Unless every relay operator is helping the
>> federal government (which at that point the information would leak)
>> then there isn't a way to backdoor Tor. I don't understand why
>> people do not take the time to research things.

Let remember that code can reach near flawless expression
of design principle. Whereas flawed principle can greatly
fail against adversary.
It may be best to first evaluate the adversary and principle,
then the code.
And re-eval the former with the same routine frequency of the
latter (or more should the latter reached steady state).