[tor-talk] Any updates from Tor Project on ioerror?

carlo von lynX lynX at time.to.get.psyced.org
Mon Jun 6 19:41:45 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 01:57:58PM +0200, Christian Pietsch wrote:
> Please do not throw the baby out with the bath water. There may be
> sock puppets posting on this list, but Nick Farr is not one. Friends
> of mine who attend the CCC gatherings have missed him dearly in recent
> years and are shocked to learn the (main) reason for his absence now.

I sincerily hope Nick was acting out of a false understanding of
Freedom of Expression as is popular and frequent on the Internet,
but defending and supporting people that were planning to execute
an act of defamation sounds like an illegal action to me - unless
those people were to tell the truth and can prove it in court.

This false understanding of Freedom of Expression has been bugging
me recently. I found several documents that illustrate well why
it is a fallacy. Interestingly they are mostly written by victims
of harrassment:

http://seriouspony.com/trouble-at-the-koolaid-point/
https://weekwoman.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/womens-aid-speech-on-cyber-harassment/
http://abovetheinternet.org/blog/2013/9/5/dont-feed-the-trolls-and-other-stupid-advice
http://blog.pshares.org/index.php/the-ploughshares-round-down-why-dont-feed-the-trolls-falls-short/

And regarding the structurelessness of the hacktivist community:

http://www.jofreeman.com/joreen/tyranny.htm

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/