[tor-talk] Two Questions about the TBB.

moosehadley at gmail.com moosehadley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:15:04 UTC 2016

I can answer the first question, but I can't say for sure on the second.

No, the Tor Browser does not use any blacklists of any kind.

Sure, anti-phishing and anti-malware warnings can have great value to an inexperienced user.

However, they are a direct form of "good censorship".
As we've seen in some cases, any form of "good censorship" can be easily turned to "bad censorship" when control of a blacklist falls into the hands of someone without the users best interests in mind.

Because of this, the Tor Browser Bundle does not support these or any other filters.