[tor-talk] Kernel OOPS through Tor - report or ignore?

Ken Cline cline at frii.com
Sun Jan 24 00:17:01 UTC 2016

> On 23 Jan 2016, at 4:29 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM, creo <creo-tor-lists at blackmesa.at> wrote:
>> Does it make sense to report the content of the oops notice and
>
> Typically
> Kernel panics go to the OS people.
> Program crashes go to the app people.
> Neither should happen, so people should report them.

Check for other causes before reporting:  Is the software (OS kernel & extensions in this case) up to date?  Is there a hardware error?  I reported a Tor crash, only to find it was caused by a failing disk.

Creo, It sounds like you have a crash recovery utility running.  If so, save the crash dump and reboot.  You can send the dump in or wait to see if it happens a second time.