[tor-talk] Escape NSA just to enter commercial surveillance?

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:31:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 02:36:59 +0500
Артур Истомин <art.istom at yandex.ru> wrote:

>  I think, greatest danger *for most people* comes from
> corporations like Google, Facebook, Twitter etc whose money - our
> privacy, not from NSA/GCHQ/FSB/...

	They are one and the same thing. The 'western' system is  a
	corporatist system and so corporations and government are
	partners in crime.

> The latter, in theory, in democratic countries, called to serve the
> good of the people. The first - serve their pockets.

	As you say, in theory. But in practice politicians serve only
	themselves and the special interests they work for,

> I think, in crypto-privacy-tor-i2p-... communities this problem is
> very underrated. The main enemy - NSA & Co., not the companies whose
> main goals are our desires, preferences, dreams, pain and suffering -
> those things through which we easily manipulated.
>
> Facebook and Co. have enough power and money to manipulate/lobby their
> interests. I don't think they need any support from Tor developers.

	And yet tor developers are rather friendly to facebook. That
	should tell you something...