[tor-talk] Help me secure my setup

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:48:45 UTC 2016

On 1/11/16, Oskar Wendel <o.wendel at wp.pl> wrote:
> I have one more question. What are the drawbacks of not preserving Tor
> state directory between reboots? ...
> One drawback that I see is that after every reboot, a new entry guard will
> be selected and it can make correlation attacks easier.

this becomes particularly bad if the attacker has a way to trigger a
crash remotely  (like file descriptor exhaustion or conntrack
overflow).

placing you in attack position next to them just a simple matter of patience...

---

just save state!  if not on the router, then an encrypted volume which
requires your intervention or ambient authority to activate.

best regards,