[tor-talk] Tor Browser update

jb jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:52:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

When I start Tor Browser it displays a message that it is establishing
a connection to Tor network.

After that I can request "Check for Tor Browser update ..." from Torbutton or
from menu Help - About Tor Browser display and eventually obtain it without
"Test Tor Network Settings" verification (that is, the Tor circuit's and my IP
addresses not visible thru Torbutton selection yet).

I would tend to think that Tor browser should be tested and anonimized first
(that is configured) before initiating any communication with the outside
world, even if it is a Tor Project site.

Is that by design or something that should be fixed ?

Tor Browser 5.5.2 on Linux.

jb