[tor-talk] Warning: 37 new booby trapped onion sites

Scfith Rise up scfith at riseup.net
Fri Feb 5 14:04:33 UTC 2016

Is there anyway to somehow automate the process? (The developer in me coming out)

I ask because this seems like something that you will be doing perpetually. Something like an algorithm that can compare percentage match of heuristics of a database of previous sites marked as fake against all new ones and then giving a trust score?

I'd be happy to help write something in Python to do this & put on github, assuming I can get a decent sets of sample data to test against.

Or would putting it out there publically allow those creating the fake sites to up their game and change their tactics. Seems like this will always be a cat & mouse game.