[tor-talk] Not able to download Tor to droid

Michael strangerthanbland at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:00:05 UTC 2016

The Android apps I can suggest is "Orbot" ~

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.android

https://github.com/guardianproject/Orbot

~ use the links or search on Android's Market or on GitHub for source
on Orbot and Android's Market or "f-droid" for Orfox ~

https://guardianproject.info/apps/orfox/

Orbot is a well maintained port of Tor and Polipo and is easy to configure via app's GUI.
For those that like `vi` or `nano` the torrc files are under ~

/data/data/org.torproject.android/app_bin/

~ there are torrc, torrc.custom and torpolipo.conf files that maybe configured manually.

Orfox is a port of Firefox that comes preconfigured to auto-start Orbot :-) supper easy.
Just go to `about:config` in Orfox's address bar and search for "socks" and "proxy"
with the on page's search bar to configure Orfox to use custom ports if needed.

Bonus app for those that don't play with iptables custom chains much ~

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.ukanth.ufirewall

~ this and a few apps like it can make your life much easier for building a solid
firewall configuration for Tor browsing without a whole lot of typing or technical knowledge.