[tor-talk] help - some site DE-anonymize me

diderot at autistici.org diderot at autistici.org
Fri Dec 30 16:15:02 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would like to report / discuss a strange thing. I run an up to date
TorBB on debian, having its security settings to max, the noscript
whitelist is empty, cookies & history cleared. Still, when accessing
google.com via the webproxy zalmos.com, with a circuit ending in a third
country I will be redirected to google.MYCOUNTRY and get ads displayed
in MYLANGUAGE from that same site zalmos.com

Normally, I would expect google.EXIT-SERVER-COUNTRY to be loaded and
have EXIT-SERVER-LANGUAGE ads.   So, the question is : since there seems
evidence that zalmos can at least de-anonymize my country, HOW is that
possible??  What can I do? Do you experience the same thing?

Thank you