[tor-talk] privacy of hidden services

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:57:47 UTC 2016

> So yes, ideally encrypt your Introduction Points (basic) and obfuscate
> identity keys (stealth) [this also encrypts sets of IPs]. Non-ideally,
> use random slugs in URLs as OnionShare does (if you're doing web).

ok, I'm not sure I completely understand.  If my HS uses stealth auth,
what data remains in the clear?  Is the HS descriptor on the HS dirs
stored using a persistent identifier, or does the identifier change
every 24 hours?  Are there any persistent identifiers that can be
observed on the network to track usage of the HS?  Thanks much.