[tor-talk] NoScript problems after TBB 6.08 update

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon Dec 19 19:07:00 UTC 2016

On 12/19/2016 12:41 PM, podmo wrote:
> On December 18, 2016 10:07 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
>> Never mind.  The last NoScript 2.9.5.2 update included in TBB 6.08 over
>> rode some of my settings.
>> It changed the option "Allow HTTPS scripts globally on https documents"
>> from unchecked to checked.
>>
> FWIW, mine (Linux) didn't do this. Am on 6.0.8 and 2.9.5.2 as well and
> under Noscript Advanced/HTTPS/Permissions/Allow... it's set to unchecked.

I don't know if that one NS option was changed *by the addon* (NS)
included IN the TBB update, or changed as part of the TBB update process.
Looking at the BU of NS settings just before the TBB 6.08 update, it's
clear I had "Allow https scripts globally" disabled.

And I definitely didn't recently change that option manually- no reason to.
But right after updating TBB 6.08 & noticed no scripts blocked on https
sites, I did a NS settings BU before uninstalling NS.  That settings BU
showed the pref was enabled.

So I don't know how else it got changed, except by NS or TBB update process.
Since the default NS setting for this is disabled, not sure  how. The
TBB "extension-overrides.js" file doesn't include this pref to override
NS default.