[tor-talk] NoScript problems after TBB 6.08 update

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sun Dec 18 22:07:20 UTC 2016

Never mind.  The last NoScript 2.9.5.2 update included in TBB 6.08 over
rode some of my settings.
It changed the option "Allow HTTPS scripts globally on https documents"
from unchecked to checked.

Normally, updating addons in Firefox doesn't change previous users'
custom settings.  Nor does updating Firefox change users' previous
custom settings.

I had probably already updated NS to 2.9.5.2 before TBB 6.08 came out
and that setting wasn't enabled.  A BU of NS settings before TBB 6.08
confirmed this.
I suppose we have to export settings for all addons *included* in TBB,
before upgrading TBB.  Then restore each addon's backed up settings - if
they have that option.

Caveat to this - there may be new or modified options in TBB included
addons, where restoring settings from previous addon versions may mess
things up.
The other choice (like here) after every TBB update is, spend hrs going
thru every option page of every included addon - verify every setting -
until you find the change that's causing you issues.  I don't have time
for that.

In this case, when it enables "Allow HTTPS scripts globally..." it
allows every 3rd party script known to man.  Even ones with bad reps, if
they're on an HTTPS site - with or w/o a site's permission or
knowledge.  (sites never get hacked)