[tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle update mechanism for Unix

anonymous.coward at posteo.de anonymous.coward at posteo.de
Thu Aug 25 10:06:30 UTC 2016

Dear list,

can someone explain how the TBB update mechanism works precisely with
Unix operating systems?

Especially I´d like to know, does it use a shell script for updating the
TBB?
If yes, will the shell script be downloaded first or is it already
existing?

Is the binary Browser/updater the program that processes the update?

I´m asking, because I use Mandatory Access Control to confine the
browser bundle and need to know how the update mechanism may require to
access the TBB directory and files.

Thanks