[tor-talk] Shutting down my tor relay

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:15:13 UTC 2016

19.08.2016, 16:12 tor-admin at torland.is:
> On Friday 19 August 2016 13:34:54 Stephan Seitz wrote:
>> That’s why I’m shutting down my tor relay fsingtor now.
>>
>> As long as the project stays that way it is I will no longer recommend
>> Tor or support it in any ways. And I don’t think that such a project
>> should have any future.
> I will not shutdown my tor exit relay. If something went wrong (what I am
> unable to judge from the distance) the reaction cannot be to shutdown relays
> that are needed by people to get uncensored internet. Operating a tor relay is
> in the first place a service for the public and not to the Tor Project.

Something went wrong, though it seems hard to tell what went wrong from
a distance. It appears to still happen something wrong. Again hard to
tell what it is.

Well no one just providing a service should shut it down, at least until
there is an alternative that does not have the flaws the Tor Project has
now.