[tor-talk] Medium removed the captchas for Tor users!

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Aug 9 01:42:11 UTC 2016

On 7/14/2016 4:49 PM, Griffin Boyce wrote:
>> That is really awesome! :-) Thanks for the update.
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Kate Krauss < kate at torproject.org
>> [kate at torproject.org] > wrote:
>> I don't say much on Tor-Talk, but I will say this:
>>
>> Thanks, Medium, for removing all those CloudFlare captchas for Tor
>> users. As an activist from East Africa once reminded me, the Internet
>> means *all* of the Internet. Otherwise it isn't quite itself--it is
>> meant to be accessible and comprehensive; a nearly inexhaustible catalog
>> of the world.
>>
>> Thank you for helping out.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Kate Krauss

I still don't know what those statements were about.
I've seen no change in Cloudfront captchas working better for Tor.
Meaning, they don't work at all.

Even major news outlets using CloudFlare, where I'd like to read
controversial articles don't work w/ Tor Browser.
Haven't for the longest time, regardless of having JS enabled.