[tor-talk] 12.7 percent of the domains I visit are intercepted by CloudFlare

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Sat Apr 23 13:15:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

Today I got an idea of how to measure "The CloudFlare problem". It turns
out that every time you visit a website that's behind CloudFlare a
cookie is set with the name __cfduid

If you use Firefox these cookies end up in a SQLite database which can
be queried with the SQLite Manager add-on. My total number of cookies is
2523 (I disable third-party cookies by default). CloudFlare cookies:
321. So 321/2523 *100 = 12.7% of the domains I have visited are
monitored by CloudFlare. Quite shocking I think.

Rob.
https://hoevenstein.nl