[tor-talk] Tor and browser lock

me at beroal.in.ua me at beroal.in.ua
Tue Apr 5 14:23:48 UTC 2016

On 04.04.16 03:49, tor_talk at arcor.de wrote:
> Hi Tor Talkers,
>
> will that "lock" apply to the Tor browser, too?
>
> https://torrentfreak.com/rightscorp-plans-to-hijack-pirates-browsers-until-a-fine-is-paid-160402/
> The company says new technology will lock users' browsers and prevent Internet access until they pay a fine.
AFAIK, anti-piracy companies fish for IP addresses via BitTorrent, than
send notices to internet providers responsible for those IP addresses.
Because Tor is a proxy, they will send notices to internet providers
catering to exit nodes. If an exit node does not browse the Web (I am
confident that they don't), it'll be fine.