[tor-talk] Downloading files when using Tor.

blobby at openmailbox.org blobby at openmailbox.org
Sun Apr 3 11:28:59 UTC 2016

Just to check: I am using TBB and I download a file (PDF, EXE, whatever)
and the box comes up which says "Tor Browser cannot display this file.
You will need to open it with another application", presumably if I
click "OK" then the download happens via the Tor network.

In other words: the download cannot happen outside of the Tor network.

(I realise that if one opens a document while running Tor the images or
macros in the PDF or DOC file can provide one's "real" IP to a server
but that's not what I'm talking about here).