[tor-talk] New methods / research to detect add-ons?

Spencer spencerone at openmailbox.org
Wed Sep 30 07:04:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

> pacifica:
> The closest thing I'm aware of to a one-stop-shop to view the factors
> of your fingerprint would be Valve's fingerprint.js library:
>
> https://github.com/Valve/fingerprintjs2

Thanks for this; I will definitely use it :)

> It's important to consider TBB's design...

It is. Being part of an identified heard isn't as good as everyone being
unique every session/circuit.  Though I don't think the outcome
outweighs the effort yet, which is why we have the heard. But if that
individuality was built in it would.

> That practice would be almost universally discouraged, except perhaps
> for some imaginative fringe cases.

That's us.

Wordlife,
Spencer