[tor-talk] New methods / research to detect add-ons?

pacifica at riseup.net pacifica at riseup.net
Tue Sep 29 14:57:58 UTC 2015

Hello afternoon / evening / morning tor-talk -- I am hoping that someone
can point me in the right direction. I know it is well-discussed that
adding Firefox add-ons to the Tor Browser Bundle decreases anonymity,
but I would like to review the studies myself. I'm having trouble
finding credible research where detection of add-ons has resulting in a
significant decrease in anonymity... can someone please point me to
those resources?

To be explicit, I am not concerned with "plug-ins" like Java or Flash,
but rather "add-ons" like HTTPS everywhere or Privacy Badger.

Thanks in advance.

pacifica