[tor-talk] tor + twitter issues

Tempest tempest at bitmessage.ch
Sun Sep 20 16:23:41 UTC 2015

isis:
> Tempest transcribed 2.4K bytes:
>> twitter's security configuration seems to be at war with tor. had to do
>> multiple resets over past 24 hours, only to see a perpetual "lock" in
>> place recently. i filed a support ticket. here's twitter's response.
>
> Hey All,
>
> I was contacted by some nice folks at Twitter who have worked to resolve this
> issue.  The problems with Tor users being locked out of their Twittter
> accounts and asked for phone number *should* be fixed, but I wasn't given
> many details as to what the fix entails, so…
>
> Is anyone still having troubles which they believe to be caused by using Tor?

i'm locked out again. it is also asking me for a phone number again.

twitter's canned response appears to be "we are not going after tor."
yet, oddly enough, all i'm doing is using the tor browser to engage with
the accounts i regularly do over twitter. no posting bots or third party
software is used.

--
gpg key - 0x2A49578A7291BB34
fingerprint - 63C4 E106 AC6A 5F2F DDB2 3840 2A49 578A 7291 BB34