[tor-talk] Question

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 01:30:35 UTC 2015

On 10/12/15, sh-expires-12-2015 at quantentunnel.de
<sh-expires-12-2015 at quantentunnel.de> wrote:

> Mozilla browser (and plugins) more or less hardwired to Tor.

there are also significant numbers of browser hardening and
configuration tuning for privacy, beyond just plugins and the Tor
hard-wire-on.

this is the fun part!

(seeing how diff. plugins, browser capabilities affect the ability to
"de-anonymize" you, or affect your privacy)

>>  - TAILS
> Distribution (app-armored) failing to boot, when no NIC is
> present or detected (last time I checked).

you track current? ;)

>>  - TransProxy [
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TransparentProxy ]
>
> Well, if insanity is defined by doing the same stuff and expecting
> different results, you should check yourself.

TransProxy does indeed provide different results, depending on client
behind the proxy.

"Using a Tor circuit and exit" is sometimes synonymous with "Perfectly
and uniquely identified". E.g. doing it wrong. Also part of the fun!

> Sorry, if you feel like I bash you, but you are being stupid or
> trying to troll OP. The way Tor operates, isn't changed by browser,
> OS (w/w/o VMs) or a proxy. Is there point in trying this?

it is indeed changed; the subtle differences the height of fun and
enjoyable learning.

best regards,