[tor-talk] Tor Browser and my location

Ben Tasker ben at bentasker.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 19:57:53 UTC 2015

Google will redirect you to a region specific version of Google based on
geo-location of your source IP. This the the IP of the Tor exit node you're
using, which is why it differs to your location.

If you set your homepage to https://www.google.com/ncr (append the query
string you want to use if desired) you should stay on the .com domain

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Kit Carson McGuire <kitmcguire at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I do like Tor Browser, but I'd like to know why the Tor Browser places me
> (according to Google) everywhere except where I am actually located? I am
> in central Arizona, but every time I open Tor Browser my start page (
> https://www.google.com/?noj=0&gws_rd=ssl) changes to various other
> countries, ie: sometimes Italy, Netherlands, Germany, etc. but never USA! I
> would like to see Tor Browser open and load my home page(s) as I prefer all
> the time!
>
> Kit McGuire
> 206 N. Titel St.
> Payson, AZ 85541