[tor-talk] Accessing Cloudflare sites on TBB

Spencer spencerone at openmailbox.org
Mon Oct 5 07:05:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Malte:
> I don't know other people's browsing behaviour, but for me being able
> read the cached content would have sufficed in 100% of cases.

Yes.  Text and image cache for me.  Google makes it hard to get their
cache content, it would be great if the other middleman made it easy :)

>> Spencer:
>> They suck (time and energy).  They seem to only come in robot
>> discrimination form.
>>

> sh-expires-12-2015 at quantentunnel.de:
> This will never be solved, since tors main property is to hide
> the origin of requests, it provides more benefits to an possible
> adversary from the view/perspective of a site operator or cloudflare.

True, if this read: "This will never be solved by patching Tor", as it
is the discriminators who must stop discriminating that will really
change things.

> So regular users are forced to deliver human interaction proof,
> or stop using tor. Another option is using alternative sites.

"Regular" users, as a concept, might be part of the problem.  "Regular"
users are what drive the existence of the very service providers that
seek such protection; they should not receive hierarchical priority over
those they *serve*.

However, support for a more horizontal structure would be appropriate.

> With ~1000 exits it is possible to issue malicious requests from
> all exits within 15-30 minutes with no effort at all.

What is malicious?  Searching for 'A Pup Named Scooby-Doo' gets blocked
the same as potential phishing when the approach is a badlist.

Wordlife,
Spencer