[tor-talk] TOR and Obfsproxy packet size

Justin davisjustin002 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:18:03 UTC 2015

Hello,
I’m not sure what the answer to your question about regular Tor is.  When it comes to Obfsproxy changing the 586 byte size, it’s to evade filters that use that to help block Tor.  The other packet length fluctuations would indicate that Obfsproxy makes the sizes of packets different so that it’s very difficult for a Deep packet inspection unit to fingerprint packet size and block Tor.