[tor-talk] MITM attack on TLS

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Sun Nov 22 00:04:22 UTC 2015

Justin:
> Because decrypting all traffic at the gateway slows down the
> Internet, so he’s going to have to decide what to decrypt.

Not much. I'm pretty sure that lag would not be even perceptible. When
I'm using Tor my traffic encrypts so many times... I haven't noticed any
significant visible slowdown.
Ciphers are pretty fast now. AES is even in hardware [see AES-NI].

> My threat model assumes that Meek-Google will be broken.  It also
> assumes that the Amazon and Azure versions may be broken.  Should
> they all be broken, I will switch to another transport.

If TLS is broken via CA cert then it's broken (no matter which).

--
Ivan Markin