[tor-talk] MITM attack on TLS

Justin davisjustin002 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:43:15 UTC 2015

Ivan,
If he does overcome his laziness, I’m ready to use another transport.  He has not deployed a cert.  I know this for a fact because the filter he’s using will prompt users to download it to their devices.  When it comes to storing traffic, I am pretty sure that Meek will stop connecting if it can’t verify the TLS connection.  When it comes to whether or not it matters, yes it does.  Because decrypting all traffic at the gateway slows down the Internet, so he’s going to have to decide what to decrypt.  My threat model assumes that Meek-Google will be broken.  It also assumes that the Amazon and Azure versions may be broken.  Should they all be broken, I will switch to another transport.